One thing that I never realized before having kids was that once you do have kids around, nothing is truly your own-- ever again.
I remember when Paige started becoming mobile. I still had a select few stuffed animals around that I kept out and intermingled with the books on the book shelf. All of these had some kind of meaning: the Ty bird that I received from my husband the first Christmas we were together called KuKu, another Ty bear that was in my wedding colors and served as table decor at my wedding shower, and a few others that were not as significant. I still have the first two, but the others are somewhere buried in Paige's room. I also had a pillow that I made back in high school with embroidery drama mask on it. That too, ended up in the depts of Paige's room.
I find that as Paige gets older, she is 6 now, that most of my things that become coveted are the more "girly" things. Anytime that I apply make-up when she is around, she is right there with me the entire time begging for 'just a little bit." I have had to hide my lipstick from her so that when I need it I do not discover that it is used and messed up.
Paper products also go missing when Paige discovers them. Get a new note book or clip board to write on, you will discover her drawings filling up the pages that you thought empty. This has caused me time and grief, especially when her little friends are around to help her out.
Nothing is safe from the boys either. Forget about post it notes; Braedon scribbles on them so you can't even tell what you had written on there in the first place. Dylan, he just eats them. Yum.
Pens also go missing. All three of them love pens. Want to crochet? Well in this house that means guarding the ball of yarn from Dylan's fascination of balls. He thinks they are created for his pleasure. Crochet hooks--- watch out where you leave those! They are easily pulled out of your project, and deposited in the land of all things missing.
Lotion? Oooh, Paige wants to be girly, Breaedon likes using it too (not always for the intended purpose) and Dylan, well he just doesn't want to be left out.
Nail polish gets used for nail decor as well as paint, on occasion.
Heck even tampons are not safe from their hands. They make cook rockets, well at least the kids seem to think so.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey, Angie,
ReplyDeleteI am Dennis' mom. We have several things in common if separated by some years. I graduated from U of Houston in 1985 w/a BS in Elem Ed and English. If you are in need of a proofreader I excel at that. I look forward to hearing from you.
Blessings,
Judy Inman judenman@juno.com