I am irritated today.
Since yesterday, the children have been in lets drive Mommy crazy mode. Up to the point that you have them brief moments of thinking- What the Hell was I thinking-- 3 kids, how am I going to do this. I guess that most parents have moments like this. It's not that you don't love your kids, and it's not that you don't want them. They are my life and I wanted them all from the get go, sometimes I just wonder how the heck I manage all of them when they are in their moods and manage to hold on to my sanity and good blood pressure.
I thought of the perfect analogy for Dylan's fits. Have you ever seen those goats that faint when they are startled. One moment they are standing and running around and then suddenly they go horizontal. That's Dylan. He gets angry and it hits him like the fear does those little goats. He is vertical and then he is horizontal in the blink of an eye. Sometimes I worry that he is going hurt himself when he does this. God forbid he is on the concrete and smacks the back of that cute blond head of his. Braedon is the best at instigating these episodes in Dylan. Nothing like a brother to piss you off, huh? Natural progression of life I suppose.
Then there is Paige. Lets cry over a pair of socks. Seriously- a pair of socks left at a friends house. What she wanted was to guilt me into driving back over there for them. Like I don't have other things to do. She fails to realize that I am way more stubborn than she, and I can usually tune out the drama. (That takes practice and constant discipline.) I sent her to her room and made her close the door so she raised her crying level to near scream to be sure that I heard her. Last night, I just didn't have the patience nor the discipline and had to pull out the time honored parental phrase-- I'll give you something to cry about. God... one of those old people sayings. Good bye youth, but that's another topic on its own.
Then there is trying to do anything that involves the sense of hearing when Braedon is around. Just try to take down information from someone on the phone, and low and behold that will be the time that he has the life or death realization that he needs pickles. Yes you read that right, pickles. And he shouts this at me the entire time that I am on the phone, even after I have told him that I heard him and then told him to shut up so that I can hear. Who knows if those emails are going to get where they need to go since I had to have them repeated so many times.
Dylan is good at that to. In trying to deal with those rat bastards at DirecTV (that will get a blog entry all on its own), Dylan proceeds to follow me around screaming the whole time. Screw it. Obviously I am a stay at home mom, why else would I be trying to take care of business when everyone else is at their places of business.
Sometimes you just got to hate the boss, even if the bitch is you-- I guess.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment